Tuesday, March 27, 2012

pippi

I'm behind on bee blocks. Very behind. One thing I'm learning about myself is that I am really not good at creating blocks or quilts that look like something in real life. I'm better at creating abstract pieces. But I'm not a quitter, so I am pressing on and sticking with these tricky bees. Muriel requested blocks in the Cocorico Bee with a Pippi Longstocking theme, so I finally got it together (her month was February) and made this:

Pippi Block for Muriel


It is a direct, 100% copy of a book cover illustrated by Lauren Child, found here. I just tried to do the design justice by picking fun fabrics and not screwing up the thread sketching so much.

Next up I've got to make a playing card soldier (from Alice and Wonderland), an urban landscape, a vintage office product, and something representing a county fair. And that's just to get through March. All fun though, right? Wish me luck. And if you're someone who is expecting a block, it's on it's way. Promise.

18 comments:

Michele said...

She is so cute! Lots of personality! Good luck catching up. You can do it!

**nicke... said...

very cute krista! she looks very mischievous!

Judith said...

Oh this is Pippi Longstocking down to a T. Fantastic.

West Michigan Quilter said...

That is so cute! I love it.

Miss Beau Jangles said...

that is amazing! i thought it *was* the book cover!

Unknown said...

She is very nice, I love it

felicity said...

Beautifully done, Krista! That bee scares the crap outta me.

Amy Friend said...

This block is adorable and I like that you aren't a quitter. I would miss you!

Poppyprint said...

Yup, those blocks are a challenge! You are obviously up for it though and doing a fantastic job!! Thanks for the email, I'm home next Tuesday miss u too

Tamie said...

Love Pippi- Good luck with your other blocks.

MariQuilts said...

Your block is adorable.

About the Free Bee block for me...don't worry about being late, I'm away for the first two weeks in April anyway.

Nicky said...

Pippi and Lauren Child - what could be better! Gorgeous!

Dianne said...

This is ADORABLE!!!

Vicki said...

Oh! I can't quit looking at that block - it's just as cute as can be! :)

Anya said...

She is just lovely!

CitricSugar said...

Adorable. Love it!

Good luck with the rest of your blocks!

Sandra said...

She's perfect!!! Great job!

Holly said...

What a perfect Pippi! You've captured the Lauren Child style!