Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Pillows

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm not always the best at making handmade gifts for the kids on holidays. But this year I managed to make up some pillows for each of the kids using paper piecing patterns from Sonja of Artisania Patterns.

Valentine's Pillows

A hedgehog for Avery:

Avery's Valentines pillow

A horse (of course) for Claire:

Claire's Valentine pillow

And a robot for Cooper:

robot pillow for Cooper

This pregnancy is moving along nicely. I'm 17 weeks along now and feeling great. This belly is already something else.

17 weeks

I've never really been a person who loves Valentine's Day. And I still really don't-- but I do love my family and know I am so lucky to have them. I hope you have a wonderful day with the ones you love too!

Lest you think I'm a meanie wife and forgot all about Rob-- he's anti-pillow, but will be well taken care of with some good beer and red duct tape. He appreciates more useful gifts!

20 comments:

Dana said...

That horse pillow is just FAN-tastic!!! I would have loved that when I was a girl, and actually wouldn't mind it now.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Lynz said...

LOVING your belly! *grins* Hope your pregnancy continues in the manner it has begun.

My own spouse is more a red duct tape guy but - I have to ask - WHERE did you find the horse paper piecing pattern? Coz my kid would die for one of those!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I didn't know you were pregnant, congratulations! And those pillows are wonderful - wow I am feeling like a lazy mother, I never give my kids anything for valentines day!

Tiffany said...

Such a darling idea! Love the pillows you made - I really need to try paper piecing some day.

beth said...

holy cow! those are awesome!!! that horse! my kids would FREAK for these! way to go! i'll have to check out the patterns!

Leslie said...

oh the belly shot is so perfect. the pillows are amazing. my Avery would die for a hedgie pillow like that!!!

**nicke... said...

i love your cute belly! you can still see your toes! cute pillows!

Debbie said...

cute, cute pics and I adore your pillows! LOVE the hedgehog!!

Anna said...

krista!!! these are too adorable. I can't believe how cool they are. You're the coolest mom ever. :)

Kadybug said...

These are all awesome! I bet your kiddos are going to love them. Hope you have a fantastic valentines day!

Isisjem said...

Great Pillows - Great belly! Hope the rest of your pregnancy turns out so well. I really misread the whole beer and duct tape thing - at least I think I did. I thought you intended duct taping your husband... :-)

Louisa said...

I love those pillows! They're nifty!

Lindsay Conner said...

Super sweet--I especially love the fabrics you chose for the horse pillow!

Kirsten said...

Love the paper pieced pillows - they are all amazing !

Vickie said...

Krista,these are adorable! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing! I have seen a couple of the patterns before, but what fun they are in pillows. Super cute!

Katherine said...

Awesome pillows! Those look like great patterns for paper piecing.

Congratulations! Looks like next year you will be piecing four special pillows. ;o)

Gina said...

your pillows are so cute... perfect prints and colors!

Hitch and Thread said...

Totally gorgeous pillows. I'm loving those narrow strip
borders and the belly! 4 kids, you are so brave!

Emily said...

Awesome pillows!

Sew Lovins said...

I think those are THE cutest pillows I've ever seen! 'Specially the horse one. :)