Thursday, March 31, 2011

pretty {little} pouches

After a big break from swaps, I decided to join the Pretty {little} Pouch swap on flickr. I think it will be a lot of fun to do something creative AND useful. Sign ups go until April 8th if you're interested in playing too. This is the inspiration mosaic I posted for my future partner:


1. Islands in the stream, 2. Untitled, 3. All finished with the quilting, almost finished with the binding, 4. echino box, 5. Embroidered pouch meets polymer clay, 6. small zipper purse, 7. mobile phone cover, 8. Andrea Block #2, 9. the peaceful pincushion

It's kind of a mix, but what is obvious is my love of solids mixed with bits of prints and handstitching. I'm just hoping that the partner I sew for wants a zipper closure. I just stocked up on a whole load of them from zipit on etsy. Such great prices and service (my order was shipped just a couple of hours after I ordered!), I don't know why I kept buying them individually at JoAnn's.

2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I joined too, Krista. Hoping I get you - I love your mosaic =)

Dani said...

These are wonderful inspiration images. Can't wait to see your works.