Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my little guy and a sewing slow down



Cooper is 8.5 months old now and full of so much personality. It's getting more and more difficult to remember those early days with him when he was colicky and crabby-- now he's just so happy. Unless you withold his food. He chatters a bunch, saying "da da" and (the girls' favorite) "blech." This morning he was a wee bit gassy, and everytime he'd let one go and I'd say, "toot!" he would laugh and laugh. Before I knew it, he was trying with all his might to let more out. What a BOY.

There is still no crawling, although Cooper gets from sitting to his tummy and is able to inch forward when he really wants something. He loves pulling back the edges of rugs and trying to munch them. No teeth either, which is good considering he gives full face kisses that include chin bites. He loves to sit on the floor and will play forever with a basketful of toys (or camping equipment when he's hanging with Rob in the gear room). He gives what a mom at school called "full body hugs," where he grabs and snuggles as hard as he can. I just love him.


My productive sewing streak has slowed a bit. I find myself just sitting in my sewing room, stacking fabric and thinking about projects, yet not wanting to cut into anything. I keep making huge messes too that make it almost impossible to get anything done. I separated out my scraps by color this morning while Cooper was napping. I've been throwing them into a big wire bowl, but I want them more useable. I might even iron them and store them flat in plastic bins to make them more project ready. I'm planning to pick up some cozy flannel this afternoon for backing my mermaid quilt and get to quilting it. I think a big finish would feel pretty good!

9 comments:

Ariane said...

He is so adorable. He looks like a charmer. Sometimes taking a sewing break is good. It helps you to get excited about a project when you start again.

Poppyprint said...

I just love him, too! What a sweet boy. Good idea on the scraps. The pile in the corner of my sewing room is getting out of control. I am thinking I should clear out all of the fabric on my shelves that I don't care for anymore to make way for the lovely new stuff all folded on my sewing table....

Dani said...

He is so flippin' cute! And I love his name.

I don't think I would sew either if I had that handsome little bundle to hang out with.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Your little guy is adorable. Full body hugs at that age - I can only imagine how sweet that is! Thanks for sharing. My littlest is 3.5 and I so MISS the baby days.

momto2wasd said...

He is adorable!
Sometimes it's nice to take a breather from ots of sewing or some other favorite activity to just kind of renew my energy, and then I come back to it feeling more enjoyment from it.

Amy Friend said...

He is such a cutie pie. He is reason enough for a sewing slow down, no? I wish we could get him and Penny together to play. :)

Jenny said...

oh i so miss that adorable chunkiness of my babies! cooper is such a doll baby!
doing my QAYG quilts...ive sorted and ironed my scrap/strips THREE times...they stay orgazined for about 20 minutes...not that i mean to discourage you though!!! its fabulous when they are organized!!

Leslie said...

he is adorable...the things you said about him remind me of how my daughter was when she was little.

Sandra said...

He's so dang cute!