20 blocks down on the aqua and mustard mermaid quilt. They come together so quickly, so I think I can get the remaining ones done this weekend and start sewing the top together! My goal was 48 blocks, but I dare say that will make a HUGE quilt. So I think I'll go 30 blocks and see from there. That should make it about 64" by 75". Thank you for all of the advice about the fabric rippling I was getting when I started sewing these together. I'm still not 100% sure about what the big fix was, but I changed my needle, rethreaded, and upped my stitch length, then all was well.
I saw this and had to order the fabric pronto. I haven't been buying many prints lately, but I think these will make great fall placemats, table runners, etc. I love it!
And of course a few more prints were calling my name. I love the scalloped print on top and the red prints. The elephants and plaid, eh, I'm having buyer's remorse. But I'm sure I can find a use for them.
But the big thing I'm looking forward to is a freshly painted house! Rob is currently outside with my brother-in-law spraying, spraying, spraying. Woo hoo! We're going from pinky-cream and brown to mossy green and burnt orange deliciousness.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Hopefully I'll have some good photos to share early next week about all that gets done around here!