Wednesday, May 12, 2010

distracted

If you've been reading the last few posts, you know I have 5 projects left on my Spring to Finish list. And if you're my husband, you're wondering why I'm posting this instead of fixing the pop-top tent for the van like I said I was going to do today.

I'm heading down to Seattle with Cooper this weekend to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. She's hard to buy for, so instead of working on things I'm supposed to be doing, I decided to make her a bag. It's substantial, with fusible fleece interfacing, and even a pocket. I'm not normally a bag-making person, so I was pretty pleased with myself to do this with no pattern in only a couple of hours.

Problem is, I don't think it's something my sister-in-law will use. It's just too hefty and structured, instead of a utilitarian, throw-in-the-car tote like I had planned. So I'm keeping it for myself. I needed a new bag for my knitting anyway.


Unfortunately, that means there's still a birthday present to make and a tent to fix. Grocery shopping to do too. And only one hour until I have to pick the girls up from school. Dang.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey smile! you have a new bag for yourself!!!

and it's gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and love it! I agree, a new bag for yourself!

Bellgirl said...

I don't blame you, I'd keep it too!

Kay Thompson said...

You can never have too many big, sturdy bags. You've got little people...you'll get a lot of use out of it.