Monday, March 1, 2010

quality time

Yesterday Rob and I dropped the kids off with his mom and headed back behind the house for a ski, just the two of us. Well, plus dogs. It was one of those gray, blah kind of days, but once we got back on the trails things seemed so bright and beautiful.

The snow was great and I felt really good on my skis. Though I'm in desperate need of some proper nordic ski clothes that will be more comfortable, and more importantly make me look less dorky. A trip to REI is in order.
My hat is a keeper though. My mom knit this for me when I was skiing for my high school x- country team. Maroon and gold were our colors.


Today I've got a crew putting insulation in our attic. Once they're done I need to go get supplies for Hermoine and Jenny Weasley costumes for character day tomorrow at school. We've got robes, but I've got to make gray pleated skirts and those maroon and gold (!) striped ties for the girls to wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun day! I can't wait to see pictures of the girls in their Harry Potter costumes!
Love to all- xoxoxo Katrina