Monday, September 29, 2014

Art Techniques for Quilt Design Blog Party

I mentioned in my last post that I'm really enjoying Carrie Bloomston's new DVD, Art Techniques for Quilt Design. I'm not sure how much I mention this, but skill-based learning is what it's all about for me these days. Anyone can follow a pattern. But when someone can teach you a skill, you can take that skill and apply it in ways that can really influence your own work and design. It's wonderful. And that's what you get with this video.




Carrie's background in the arts (she went to RISD! Jealous!) influences so much of what she does. You can see it in her quilt patterns and her fabric design. It's so interesting to get a peek into her process, and I can already tell that the skills she's teaching me are going to make a difference in the work I'm putting out too.

You can win a free copy of the DVD by visiting Carrie's giveaway post through October 4th. And don't forget to visit the other blogger's who are joining the party too!

1.  Erica Sage
 2. Brooke Sellmann
3.  Stephanie Denton
4. Claudia Gomez
6. Karen Lepage
7. Verena Ehrhardt
8. Amie Plumley
9. Krista Fleckenstein 
10. Jessica Godfrey
11. Tia Curtis
15. Angela Tackett
16. Kristin Schwarze
17. Christen Barber
www.lovebyhand.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So wonderful to read your words and feel your support! I love what you said about learning skills that will enhance your path and I am so happy you did. Thanks you for joining the party and sharing the love! xo, cb

Unknown said...

So wonderful to read your words and feel your support! I love what you said about learning skills that will enhance your path and I am so happy you did. Thanks you for joining the party and sharing the love! xo, cb

Unknown said...

Do You Organics? Yes I DO | Forum Pengusaha | Konsultan Teknik Sipil | Konsultan Perencana Konstruksi | Konsultan Sipil | Perencana Bangunan | Konsultan Perencana Bangunan | Konsultan Perencana Struktur | Herbal Omega 6 Alami | Konsultan Mitra Kontraktor Konstruksi | Konsultan Struktur Bangunan | Jasa Perencana Struktur Bangunan | Perencana Konstruksi Bangunan | Buku Seri : Muhammad Teladanku | Jaringan Pengusaha