Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I've got two twin-size, minky-backed quilts in progress that I really want to have done by Friday.

Phew! 2 quilts basted.

Yes, this Friday. 

Tonight's quilting setup!

But I think I can do it. 

Halfway done. My experience with the minky so far? The spray baste is great. No shifting! The hardest part of quilting is dealing with the grain-- it grabs the machine bed when I quilt against it. Even with a supreme slider.

  My new mantra? Just keep quilting...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

just keep quilting!! yes!

i just made a quilt using a little bit of velveteen and it was soo hard to work with. so wiggly...im wondering if Minky worked better for you? do you spray baste?

cute quilts by the way...i have hundreds of 5 inch charms i should just start banging out quilts with.

Dianne said...

Just keep quilting, just keep quilting...
Dory's refrain works for so many things!
Cute quilt krista - good luck with your deadline!

Franziska said...

Go, Krista, go!

Live a Colorful Life said...

You can do it! By the way, I'm inspired by your organization of the wall behind your sewing machine. I need to find some S-hooks for my rotary cutters...

carrie (believemagic) said...

Love the mantra!

Jo Ann said...

Looks to me like you will get'er done!