Sunday, January 22, 2012

weekend sewing

Thanks to a quiet weekend at home, I was able to tackle two items on my to do list!

First up, some bee blocks for Krista. She's kicking off the first month of the Free Bee and has requested blocks similar in feel to these wooden trees (but without the stems). She only wanted one block, but I couldn't stop myself and did two. It was fun to sew up something so low stress.

Tree blocks for Krista

Next, I completed my partner's bag for the Potholder Pass 10 swap!

jane market bag front- PP10

My partner likes patchwork  and modern fabrics. I used a grey Robert Kaufman Carolina Chambray for the main part of the bag, a Suzuko Koseki kitchen print for the panels, and a scrappy log cabin for the pockets.


jane market bag back- PP10

It's lined with one of my favorite white and orange florals. I hope she likes it!

jane market bag lining- PP10

Ah, to be sewing again. It feels so good.

7 comments:

mle said...

What lovely items! it feels good to finish stuff doesn't it?!

Amy Friend said...

I really think your bag is fantastic. The bee blocks look great too! Glad you are happily sewing and no longer sick!

Poppyprint said...

Oh, you're the sweetest! I love those two blocks and can't wait to add them to the growing stack of others, thank you!!! Your market bag is gorgeous. I don't think I could put soggy lettuce or a sweaty carton of milk in there - it's way too pretty. What a lucky partner you have.

Jo Ann said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and have found your sewing mojo again. Your work is so beautiful!

Ruth said...

I love the bag! I had to pin it to remember the link! Thanks for sharing.

beth said...

that bag is great - i really love that chambray!

felicity said...

Hooray for feeling better! You definitely found your mojo again!