Thursday, March 24, 2011

midweek mehs

Why is it always so hard to come back home to reality after vacation? My brain is mush and I have little motivation to do anything. To top it off, it's been a crazy week for the kids and for Rob. Avery and Claire are both performing in the school talent show tonight.


Cooper is really keeping me busy too. After almost being weaned when we were in Hawaii (he only wanted to nurse first thing in the morning-- bliss!), he now follows me around all day crying, "Up!" and signing milk over and over again. I'm back to nursing him four times a day. He also stopped sleeping through the night again. He won't play with toys. But of course the good outweighs the bad. He turned 15 months old on Monday. His vocabulary just keeps growing (Dada, Mama, Sissy, Claire, puff, pat pat, cheese, hi there, bye bye, woof, honk honk, beep beep, Casey, Bubba (his blankie), diaper, Grandpa, etc.) and it's really fun to see him communicate through words and sign (unless it's about milk of course). I love watching him stand up on his own in the middle of the room and clap. He's so proud of himself! He finally took his first steps too on Sunday night, so we're just waiting for more confidence to follow and he'll be walking pretty quickly.


I did manage to rearrange my sewing room the other day and get everything in order. I didn't expect it, but I have so much more room now! I can even iron in there while I work instead of setting up in the laundry room/pass through down the hall. Score!


I've got lots of WIPs (over the couch quilt, patchwork quilt, quilts for the girls' beds) but until I get more free time, I'm starting back slow with things like bee blocks. As a whole, I'm creatively stumped. I know it will pass though. It always does!


Oh, one more thing. While we were gone, Ingrid was featured on Modern Day Quilts! Take a peek.

6 comments:

Amy Friend said...

It will definitely pass--I'm sure of it too! It's nice to have you back. It sounds like weaning might not be too far off for you now. Hang in there!

Jenny said...

oh goodness! cooper must be on the move, looks like he is thinning out! i always miss that baby chubb (except when holding them !) we went thru similar nursing dilemnas...vacations always seem to throw a kink in the production!
we did a lot of sign language too with our kids. so nice to understand a few things, huh?

Unknown said...

don't worry about the slump, it always passes, right?

Cooper? he's probably trying to adjust to being back home...I bet he misses the sunshine/warmth/swimming... does he like drinking from a cup at all?

Leslie said...

i love the fabric art you have over your sewing table. did you make that?

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

My little one has similar troubles, he just loves to nurse. I now just offer him milk when he asks during the day, and it usually works, so we're down to one morning and one night feeding. Fortunately, he loves regular milk too. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You're son is the cutest!! So proud of himself!! I am having serious sewing room envy!!