Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ingrid



She's done! I was able to stitch the binding on yesterday afternoon while the kids played around me. Cooper would crawl up to me every so often and tug at my loop of thread so I could say, "Boink!" and then would go play with toys. Pretty awesome and unexpected.



I loved the idea of hand quilting Ingrid, but reality kicked in and I did some loose machine quilting in a grid instead. I backed the quilt with shot cottons and a strip of Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party fabrics. This combo of minimal quilting and the shot cottons makes the quilt soooo soft. It's bound in Kona Snow with a little strip of purple shot cotton on one side.


Ingrid is staying with us as a family quilt. I'm going to pretend that all of that white is a great idea in a home with three kids and two dogs!

17 comments:

liz said...

One of the most gorgeous quilts I've ever seen - and I'm here in blogland looking for inspiration a lot!!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Ingrid is beautiful!!

Kadybug said...

This quilt is gorgeous!

Leslie said...

she is so pretty....i love the strip of pattern in the backing.

Amy Friend said...

I just love all the whites and off whites. You did a beautiful job on this. I love your choice for quilting too! Congratulations!

Molly said...

I love everything about Ingrid!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Oh, enjoy! Family quilts are the best.

Mary said...

It is beautiful! I love the combo of white and off white...brings so much texture to a quilt! LOvely!

Michele said...

Sure is pretty! The quilting is wonderful!

felicity said...

Completely awesome.

Unknown said...

I couldn't have parted from it either!

It's beautiful Krista.

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh my word, that is stunning. I love it!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love her!

Anna said...

just beautiful krista. and happy vacation, wish I could tag along. :)

Dani said...

Perfect. It's really perfect.

Debra said...

Ingrid is beautiful, is this your own design. Do you just set about making one block after another, then join them up...in a random like way i mean? Would love to know how to make something like this. The quilted grid is lovely :)Happy vacation

Michele T said...

This is an incredible creation! Love that it is one-of-a-kind! Thanks for sharing.