Tuesday, September 21, 2010

squishy, feel good kind of stuff


I managed to finish the binding yesterday morning on my mustard and aqua mermaid quilt. I washed it up and was so incredibly happy with how squishy it ended up! The flannel backing makes it extra cozy, and I can see it being used a lot this winter.


It even coordinates with Casey, so maybe I won't mind when it gets covered in her fur. Although I will not invite her to snuggle in it again.


I made another mug rug as well. As I was putting it together though I didn't really think through durability, so the quilting only goes through the batting, not the backing. So I think this is destined to be a micro-mini of sorts, which will hang on the wall in one of the kids' rooms. But I can see myself making another, and doing it right. It's just so happy.



And finally, Cooper is 9 months old today. As I type this, he is happily cooing away in his crib, hopefully about to fall asleep for his morning nap. Well, scratch that. Now he's fussing, hopefully about to fall asleep for his morning nap. He's about to get his first tooth-- we can see it under the surface ready to pop. And his army crawling is getting pretty fast. He's got a two handed, one foot technique that works well. It makes him a busy guy with a lot going on. We like that.


Have a great, feel good Tuesday! What are you working on this week?

16 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Congratulations on finishing your beautiful quilt! I just love it! The mini mini is super sweet. I hope Cooper took that morning nap for you :)

Poppyprint said...

I love your latest mug rug - that is such a great way to use the fishy fabric!! Congrats on the mermaid quilt, that is a stupendous finish....and a 9 month b'day in da house. Woot!

momto2wasd said...

I love the colors in that quilt! It looks wonderful!

Leslie said...

what a cute little guy he is!! i love this mini..you are so talented!!! and this mustard quilt is beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I love your mini! That's the best use of the swimming school fabric that I have ever seen. And your mermaid quilt is gorgeous. What flannel did you use for the backing? I've only done one quilt with flannel and loved how it turned out too.

Great work!

wilke at lulubloom . com

Ariane said...

I love your aqua and mustard quilt!! Such a great finish!! Your little quilt is so adorable!!!! I love it!

Mary said...

I so, so love your mustard and aqua quilt!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

A very nice finish! And, I really like that mini quilt. Did I already tell you that I have the same coffee mugs? Or maybe this is the second time we're copying each other :)

Dani said...

I got the quilt-shivers over your mermaid creation! SO amazing.

I hope your little man got his nap in and that toothie didn't keep him awake.

Anna said...

oh the mug rug is too cute. and the quilt turned out so pretty! happy puppy there. ;)

Steven said...

I can't wait until that tooth falls out. Catch me if you can....

Signed - The Tooth Fairy

http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com

Free with code: Fairy-Proof

Emily said...

Love the quilt and the mug rug!!! Good to see that someone's getting something done! I need to get back to my sewing room!

Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

What a great color comb. I think I just added Mustard and Aqua to my *blank* and aqua list. Very cute baby toes too!

Bellgirl said...

The Micro-mini is gorgeous!

yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
supreme new york
off white x jordan 1
bape
yeezy 500
yeezy boost 350 v2
supreme
lebron james shoes
golden goose
kawhi leonard shoes

syshed said...

replica bags canada replica bags qatar 7a replica bags wholesale