Monday, June 14, 2010

scenes from the weekend

We had such a productive, but fun, weekend.

Dinner out with family (ignore the crazy table manners)


Landscaping completed. Imagine the "before" image as piles of dirt with both dead and living weeds. Not a nice sight. So I gave up my silly mission to finish sewing goals before I did this, and I'm so glad that I now have beautiful beds of shrubs and perennials!



Lots of time outside, enjoying sunny weather and storms that never left the mountains.


There's no crafty business. Wondering why? Well, we head to Orlando for a much needed family vacation in a couple of days, and while we're gone we're having our downstairs family room/office/sewing space/junk depository remodeled. When all is done, Avery and Claire will have a new bedroom, and I'll have a sewing room! So in the meantime, all of my fabric is in garbage bags and the sewing machine is off for servicing. It will be worth it!

Masking tape will be replaced with walls, dog-eaten carpet will find a home at the dump, and our home that we love will now fit our family even better.

I hope your weekend was just as great! I'll check in from the road with photos of our trip. And although my fabric and goodies are all packed up, I still plan to work on projects on paper. In the works-- DSQ9 designs, more mini quilts, and a pattern for a pieced pennant quilt. Oh yeah, it will be good.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

that is certainly exciting...getting a remodeled basement while you are off having a great vacation. have a good time

Poppyprint said...

Have a wonderful vacation. Love the doggies on guard photo. Oh! And great landscaping job!! I look forward to photos of the remodel.

Jenny said...

oh those storm clouds look cool!
have a great trip...how exciting to come home to a remodel!!

Gina said...

yeah for a pieced pennant quilt!! Have a fun and safe trip!!