Wednesday, June 30, 2010

busy hands...

... lead to a calm mind, right?

Tonight was the second meeting of the Anchorage Modern Quilt Guild, and one of our members taught us all an easy way to do cathedral windows. I'm really loving this technique and that it's a simple project to take along for sewing by hand.



The timing is just right for me to work on a simple project like this. Not only is most of my sewing stuff still packed away while we wait for the last bit of remodeling to get finished, but Cooper is going in for surgery tomorrow. Something relatively simple, but it's still nerve wracking. I know I'll spend some anxious time in the waiting room, so hopefully sewing these little windows will distract me a bit. If you have any good vibes to spare, send them our way!

7 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Oh, fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow. I'm sorry Cooper needs surgery, no matter how routine.

You are the first person ever that I've seen refer to cathedral windows as a simple, easy project! I look forward to seeing yours come together.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery! Never a relaxing event.

I'd love to learn this technique! I really love cathedral windows but I've held off on making them until I've found the perfect method.

Tricia said...

Yay! I hope you show us your new method. I'd love to learn an easy way to make them (or any way really).

Unknown said...

Good luck with the op!!! Sending you lots of good thoughts.

(and I would love to learn how to do cathedral windows too!!)

Amy Friend said...

I will be thinking of you and Cooper. I know how scary it is. Hang in there!

DK said...

Good thoughts being sent your way.

I've never seen this way of doing the cathedral windows before. Could you describe it for us some time in the future, please?

Freda said...

I would love to see this method! could you please make a how to? Please. :)