Friday, May 21, 2010

5 months (and a finish)

Cooper is 5 months old today! Time is flying by.


This morning he weighed in at an unofficial but whopping 19 pounds. He's getting such a sweet sense of humor. He's soooo ticklish. Still not rolling a bunch, but he did manage to roll over from his back to his belly for the first time the other day, although I missed it again! I turned around from cleaning up my sewing desk, and there he was. I did see that he is using his Gymini toys to pull himself over because he can't quite do it on his own. Smart guy.


Cooper is still so crazy about his sisters and his dad. And he has smiles for just about everyone else who comes up to talk to him (unless they're wearing a baseball cap. For some reason those throw him off). He loves the dogs and my mom's cat. He'd grab at them all day if they would only let him.

Sleep is still hit or miss. Some days we can be up every hour. Lately we're back to just twice a night wake ups. The move to solid foods has been a smooth one. Cooper has had green beans, sweet potatoes, and bananas with the rice cereal. And even a couple of Baby Mum Mums, one of those great baby inventions that have popped up since the girls were little.


I did manage to squeak out another finish this morning. The funky momo is done! And I think I love it. If only I knew of a funky little baby girl to gift it to.


We're off to enjoy the amazing Alaskan sunshine. Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Love the funky momo!!! Great job.

Poppyprint said...

oooh, and Cooper's pretty darned cute, too.

Amy Friend said...

Cooper is about the same weight as Penny and she will be one next month! My other two kids were big like he is and it is so different to have a little peanut (she must take after me because I am only 5 ft). Penny loves the baby Mum Mums too! They didn't have them when my others were little. Love the quilt!

Jenny said...

cute quilt!! so excited to see someone cut into their Wonderland and use these great fabrics! Your kids are just too cute!!

Leslie said...

what a sweet little man!!! he is adorable. congrats on the quilt finish. it looks awesome.